Safer Brand 7270 Clothes Moth Alert Trap

Safer Brand 7270 Clothes Moth Alert Trap Reviews
Other products by Safer Ratting 3.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 8 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

Trap moths with the clothes moth traps and have no more moth ball odor on clothes!<> This product is not just a repellent it actually traps moths. Simply hang clothes moth traps at eye level in closets and rooms to be protected. <> Clothes moth alerts help protect your clothes and furnishings from costly moth damage. Pay special attention to items containing wool, cashmere or other animal hair. Use one or two traps for an average size room. Replace traps after 12 weeks.

Technical Details

- Protects clothing and furniture from costly moth damage
- Designed to alert you to moth problems
- Traps can last up to 12 weeks
- Contains a patented pheromone lure
- Traps adult moths, not larvae
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Effective in trapping clothing moths" 2009-12-15
By JB (Philadelphia, PA)
I purchased this product after hearing about it on NPR's "You Bet Your Garden." I was noticing holes in woolen clothing in my closets and drawers. I use these traps in the closets and cedar blocks in the drawers. The traps are effective in catching male moths and presumably preventing breeding, but the harm to clothing is from the larvae, so my understanding is the traps won't eliminate an existing situation but will prevent future harm by stopping the reproduction cycle. I've been replacing them every three months in my closets, as instructed and haven't had a problem since I started using the product about 8 months ago. I intend to continue using them and have encouraged friends to use them also. I like the fact that, unlike moth balls, they are non-toxic.

Customer Buzz
"so far, it hasn't worked" 2009-10-25
By tempusfugit (san francisco)
I'm still seeing moths everywhere. We got one, but ther rest don't seem interested. These are cheaply made & the adhesive in the trap does seem very substantial. I bought another brand to compare & they are more sturdy with much better adhesive

Customer Buzz
"moth myths" 2009-10-15
By Leslie F. Lewis (west sacramento, ca United States)
These traps are part of a program of integrated pest managemnt...ipm. They are doused with pheromones from female moths so that they attract male moths and break the breeding cycle. They work extremely well on that part of the process. In fact, the minute you open the little package with the trap male moths start fluttering at you like drunken frat boys! The second part of the program involves repelling the moths from their furry dinners. Lavender, bay and cedar in a closet help. Bagging sweaters over the summer will also help. Being green really is not easy. It takes extra steps and some research. This is the way natures works. We have killed off whatever the predator was for the moths so now we have to figure out how we can manipulate the cycle. If you think about it, however, the moths are actually kind of a good thing. If it weren't for these hair/fur eating creatures the earth would be a giant hair ball hanging in space. Now if safer would only make traps for those annoying people who drive thru my neighborhood with blasting stereos I would be a happy woman!

Customer Buzz
"Absolutely does not work" 2009-10-11
By alease (nashville)
I read the reviews and ordered five of these. I had just moved the contents of a storage unit--furniture but very few clothes--into my home and started seeing the moths appear daily. I did the research and determined that these were closet moths and not pantry moths (the culprit had been a wool rug that was in the storage unit). I had the five traps overnighted for an extra $17. I followed the directions and put them out. Two days later the traps were as pristine as the day they arrived--not a moth anywhere inside. Instead they were still fluttering through the air and lighting on the ceilings and walls. I called an exterminator. He came out and placed a couple of Russell XLURE - R.T.U. traps in the kitchen and den. The first day there were five captured in one and three in the other. As of today, they have been in place for 13 days and and there are at least 15 moths captured in each. The Safer traps are still hanging and are still as clean as the day I put them up. Either I got a faulty batch of Safer traps or the product is a ripoff.

Customer Buzz
"Wow.." 2009-09-17
By D. Paz (SoulCal)
I received these and immediately put one in the closet; in one hour 3 were caught, in two hours 4 more...good none in the other but probably because they're not making it out of the closet! Pretty good investment, I'd say.


Images Product

Read more Safer Brand 7270 Clothes Moth Alert Trap

0 comments: